Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Morning Brew

I LOVE COFFEE!  But I can't have it any more.  Danged olderness.  I still sneak a sample cup every time I go to Trader Joe's, but that's pretty much my limit on the beans.

I've switched to tea.  Green, mate and herbal.  I start most every day with Trader Joe's Organic Cranberry Green Tea with my breakfast.


Then mid-morning when I'm craving a little something tasty, I "indulge" in my new favorite cup-o-brew.  Guayaki Yerba Mate's Organic Mate Chocolatte - a tea blend that has tasty spices, the mate caffeine kick and a little cocoa, but not so much that I feel dessert-ed.  Just comforted and refreshed.

The big problem is, everyone around me still drinks coffee, so sometimes I feel a little guilty for not having a pot on when someone pops in.  Or I feel bad that my esposo doesn't get to have coffee before work (tho Mr. French is happy to serve him!).

Isn't that the best sign ever?  It's copper!

So - I still have beans on hand, and am working to get the grinds-to-water ratio correct for the french press.  It'll happen!

In the meantime, come for tea!  I promise I'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment