Monday, June 20, 2011

Date Night!

We had a real Date Night last night!

First we had a lovely, bright-windowed dinner at a random, drive-by-finding restaurant.  It was so tasty! and so friendly and exactly what we were in the mood for.  And in wonderfully close proximity to our next destination, Piano Fort, aka: Sam's place, for a great evening of music and fundraising.  Anyone who wasn't there seriously missed out.  I'm a new fan of Lone Madrone and of Marty Marquis (Blitzen Trapper).  They played my heart out.  It felt completely, wonderfully therapeutic to spend an evening with great friends in a great venue with such delicious music.

and speaking of delicious... those (capital B) Brownies from Sweet Chaos were entirely too tasty.  *sigh*  I must limit my intake to one-a-day.  or one-a-week?  Either way, Susan made a taste bud blasting array of goodies for the evening.  I love that lady.

So - I wore this:

and carried this:
(This was originally supposed to be a burgundy velvet hat, but it looked dumb.  So it became a wrist purse and now I love it!)

Then we came home and saw a bunch of naked people on bikes.

what?!?  yes.  nekked.

And it was a perfect evening.

then today, I wore this:


I'm afraid I don't like it.  It's just not me.  I think it's a pretty frock and all, but it 1) needs pockets and 2) is just too danged floweredy. or something.  I even made a matching belt!

I'm not sure why I don't like it.  I just don't.

And Jack made a giant-sized tower this afternoon!  What a cutie-pie!

4 comments:

  1. I love your dress - it's very retro. Would you like it more if you changed the belt? Maybe a skinny leather one to match your cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye - It was a 1956 pattern, so it's definitely retro. But yeah, I think you may be on to something! a different belt might bring it in to the 21st century. Maybe. Engage Operation Dress Rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this dress exactly as it is...LOVE! It seems very YOU, Vick. And the belt is to die for. You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Geens - maybe I was just in a bad mood the day I wore it. I'm going to add a pocket and give it another go. Probably with a different belt. Hopefully with a different attitude. :o)

    ReplyDelete