Friday, June 17, 2011

Me Made June 14, 15 and 16

I'm such a lazy poster!  But I'm still going on this challenge.  And yes - it has honestly become a challenge!  I even kind of cheated yesterday.

First, the 14th I wore this simple little number with a black long-sleeved t.



















Then, on cheater day, I got up and put on this newly restyled skirt:

(This used to be a quite unruly dirndl, which added about 40 visual pounds to my extra 40+/- already rollin' around there, thus was far from flattering.  So I chopped it and reshaped it - added darts and a waistband and zipper.  Nice, huh!?) 

But it was chilly and we were planning to walk to the park.  I wanted to wear sneakers for walking and it was just too chilly for nekked legs, so I put on my jeans for most of the day.  Then Charity was nice enough to take my picture again later, which was followed soon after by a change to sweatpants.  It was a very change-heavy day.

Today - I'm wearing another refashioned fashion.  I bought a dress a few years ago for about $15 on clearance at Macy's.  I didn't like the top - it looked too prom-y - so I chopped off the bodice and made it into - wait for it - a DIRNDL!

But I love the deep blue-almost-charcoal color and the delicious eyelet detail so much,

that my hips will just have to deal with the visual consequences.  Also am wearing my Day One Lucky Ducky necklace again, but it's hard to see in the pix.  Sweater was from a swap.

This is hard work!  I wish I'd made myself some pants at some point.  I'll have to keep that in mind for Self Sewn September!

No comments:

Post a Comment